I. Read the following passage and choose the best answer to complete the sentences.
I had been ___ (1) ___ for six weeks so I thought it was time to look for a job. I had no qualifications, but I was ___ (2) ___ that my personal qualities, my charm, and ___ (3) ___ would get me any job that I applied for. I had had a varied background, with wide experience of lots of different occupations and I was prepared to carry out any task that an employer gave me. At the first place I went to, the interviewer looked at my clothes and hair, and said, “I cannot ___ (4) ___ you a job. We expect our employees to show a ___ (5) ___ attitude to their work. Come back when you are tidier and better qualified.”
|A. employ||B. employed||C. employee||D. unemployed|
|A. confident||B. confidence||C. confide||D. confidently|
|A. enthuse||B. enthusiast||C. enthusiasm||D. enthusiastic|
|A. offer||B. apply||C. persuade||D. submit|
|A. profession||B. professional||C. professionally||D. professor|
II. Rewrite each of the following sentences in reported speech. Using the words given.
1. “Please stay for a few more days,” She said to Marine.
=> She urged Marine ______________.
2. “Remember to lock the door,” she said to me.
=> She reminded me ______________.
3. “I’ll wait for you in front of the cinema,” he said to me.
=> He promised ___________________.
4. “Can you lend me 5 dollars?” Phong said to me.
=> He asked me ___________________.
5. “We imagine we’ll see Oliver at the party,” They said to me.
=> They hope _____________________.
6. “Would you like to have coffee with me?” Trinh said to me.
=> Trinh invited me ________________.
7. “You’d better spend more time learning to read,” I said to Tuan.
=> I advised Tuan __________________.
8. “Do you want me to help you with the gardening, Hung?” Ngoc said.
=> Ngoc offered ____________________.