I. Choose the best answer.
1. He’s so proud _____ his son for the prize.
|A. to||B. for||C. with||D. of|
2. People _____ live in this planet should protect it.
|A. who||B. whom||C. which||D. Ø|
3. How often _____ your car serviced since you bought it?
|A. do you get||B. did you get|
|C. have you gotten||D. had you gotten|
4. This is the first time I _____ to your country. Everything is new.
|A. are going||B. were||C. have been||D. will go|
5. The house beside us is very noisy, _____ makes sleeping difficult.
|A. that||B. which||C. what||D. it|
6. The port is capable _____ handing 10 million tons of coal a year.
|A. of||B. on||C. in||D. for|
7. When I arrived at the airport, the plane _____ off. I missed the flight.
|A. took||B. had taken||C. was taking||D. was taken|
8. “The wind is so strong with those dark clouds”! Yes, It seems it _____ in a few minutes.”
|A. is going to rain||B. will rain||C. is raining||D. rains|
II. Fill in the blank with the verbs in the correct tense of the passive.
1. Those bags _____ (steal) if you aren’t careful.
2. A lot of trees _____ (cut down) by loggers last week.
3. All metals and glasses now _____ (collect) in a big box.
4. The barber kept trying to talk to me while my hair _____ (cut).
5. When we came to the match, the home team _____ (beat) by 2 to 0.