I. Choose the best answer.
1. Vy _____ here yesterday.
|A. didn’t come||B. wasn’t come||C. didn’t came||D. doesn’t come|
2. He agreed _____ me his phone.
|A. lend||B. to lend||C. lending||D. lent|
3. There is no _____ explanation for what happened.
|A. scientist||B. scientifically||C. scientific||D. since|
4. I _____ this university from 2000 to 2004.
|A. am joining||B. join||C. was joining||D. joined|
5. Computer models help to determine whether a particular area is likely to flood.
|A. make up||B. find out||C. take over||D. put up|
II. Put the verbs into the correct tense.
1. if you have free time this evening, we (go) _____ out.
2. Last week I _____ (watch) an old movie which I _____ (not see) for years.
3. She felt very tired after the party, so she _____ (go) straight to bed.
4. The secretary asked me how to use this printer. She _____ (never/ use) it before, so she _____ (not/ know) how to print.
5. “Did anyone see the thief?” – “No, he already _____ (run) away by the time we came in.”