I. Choose the word that has the underlined part pronounced differently from that of the others.
|A. missed||B. washed||C. walked||D. played|
|A. enjoyed||B. started||C. invited||D. mended|
|A. pulled||B. rented||C. seemed||D. listened|
II. Complete the sentences with the correct form of these verbs: “sacrifice, precede, oblige”.
1. She _____ everything for her kids.
2. We are _____ to sell our car in order to pay the debt.
3. Verbs are usually _____ by the subjects in English.
III. Choose the correct answer.
1. I warned them _____ up late.
|A. didn’t stay||B. not to stay||C. not staying||D. don’t stay|
2. Nowadays, students are _____ a lot of study pressure.
|A. on||B. in||C. under||D. above|
3. I _____ Minh for helping me with the test.
|A. greeted||B. agreed||C. congratulated||D. thanked|
4. My brother _____ for a job since he was fired from the last company.
|A. is looking||B. has been looking|
|C. looked||D. was looking|