I. Choose the best answers.
1. Rice is the _____ exported product of Vietnam.
|A. main||B. free||C. average||D. rural|
2. Tonight, I _____ to bed after I have done my homework.
|A. go||B. went||C. have gone||D. will go|
3. Remember to turn the light out as you _____.
|A. leave||B. are leaving||C. have left||D. will leave|
4. Choose the option that has the same meaning as the underlined word.
– I can put up with some noise while I’m studying, but I can’t stand loud noise.
|A. tolerate||B. make||C. reduce||D. hear|
5. Vietnam became the seventh member of ASEAN _____ July 28, 1995.
|A. in||B. from||C. on||D. since|
6. He is a pleasant friendly man who _____ well with nearly everyone.
|A. looks after||B. brings up||C. gets on||D. takes in|
7. My wife spends a lot of time helping the kids _____ their homework than I do.
|A. on||B. with||C. to||D. in|
8. Choose the word which has the underlined part pronounced differently from the rest.
|A. rice||B. skin||C. mind||D. dive|
9. Choose the option that has the same meaning as the underlined word.
– The ASEAN Investment Area aims to enhance the competitiveness of the region for attracting direct investment which flows into and within ASEAN.
|A. produce||B. combine||C. found||D. improve|
10. Choose the part that needs correcting.
– Singapore is an island nation (A) with 63 islands (B), it is a (C) smallest country in Southeast Asia (D).
II. Put the verb in brackets into the correct tense.
1. Should I boil the baby milk?
– Yes, but don’t give it to her until it (cool) _____.
2. They _____ (stay) in an apartment since returning to Hue.
3. She’s too stupid to understand. I (explain) _____ for her when I (have) _____ free time.
4. This was the first time I had met the king, even though I _____ (visit) Thailand a few times before.
5. My sister visits a new place every year. By the time She (be) _____ forty, she will have visited all the places in Viet Nam.