I. You have to read the situation and then write a suitable sentence. Use the verb given and present perfect tense.
1. Mr. Tan was 70 kilograms. Now he weighs 60. (Lose weight)
– Mr. Tan ________________________.
2. Ngoc’s bike was dirty. Now it is clean. (Wash)
– Ngoc __________________________.
3. Ms. Nga is calling Tu. He isn’t at home. (go out)
– Tu ____________________________.
4. Yesterday Lam was playing football. Now his leg is hurt. (Break)
– Lam ___________________________.
5. My motorbike has just stopped because there isn’t any gas in the tank. (Run out of petrol)
– My motorbike __________________.
II. Choose the best answer.
1. There were _____ decorations that I couldn’t decide what to buy.
|A. so many||B. so few||C. so little||D. so much|
2. Please turn _____ the computer when you’ve finished the report.
|A. on||B. off||C. in||D. over|
3. A: “I don’t think technology will replace schools”.
– B: __________.
|A. so do I||B. I do, too||C. Neither do I||D. I do either|
4. That printer is _____ guarantee so the company will repair it.
|A. on||B. in||C. off||D. under|
5. Would you _____ making dinner for me?
|A. like||B. please||C. mind||D. rather|
6. my father is _____ than my mother.
|A. the stricter||B. the strictest||C. strict||D. stricter|
7. I _____ you when I come home.
|A. call||B. will call||C. called||D. has called|
8. They have bought this house since they _____ here.
|A. came||B. come||C. will come||D. coming|
9. Nowadays, First-year students _____ to have access to a computer.
|A. are requiring||B. are required||C. have required||D. will required|
10. We went to the supermarket without _____ anything.
|A. buy||B. to buy||C. bought||D. buying|