I. Choose the best answer.
1. The air-conditioners account _____ about 30% of the bill.
|A. of||B. for||C. in||D. from|
2. I have to talk with you about this issue when the class _____.
|A. will end||B. ends||C. is ending||D. would end|
3. When you leave the room, could you please _____ the light off?
|A. turn||B. take||C. do||D. go|
4. Choose the synonym of the underlined phrase.
– Look out! There is a bus coming!
|A. Listen!||B. Be careful!||C. Watch!||D. Go!|
5. She tried her best to _____ a family of five on her own.
|A. bear||B. build||C. rear||D. bring|
6. Choose the synonym of the underlined phrase.
– I don’t believe a word he said. I think he just invented that story.
|A. went around||B. got about||C. set in||D. made up|
7. Women were considered to be suited _____ childbearing and homemaking.
|A. in||B. of||C. for||D. on|
8. In many Asian countries, women are undervalued and they never have the same _____ as men.
|A. formality||B. basis||C. limit||D. status|
9. Choose the word which has the underlined part pronounced differently from the rest.
|A. vertical||B. men||C. led||D. collect|
10. Choose the part that needs correcting.
– Several years ago (A) it was even (B) difficult to imagine people talking in (C) women’s rights and the situations they faced (D) in traditional society.
II. Fill in the blanks with the best phrases.
Come back – lie down – come in – stay in – go away
1. Your kid was naughty, so I told him to _____.
2. I’m glad to see you again. _____ and have a seat.
3. He had a stomachache, he had to _____ on the sofa for a while.
4. My sister isn’t at home and I don’t know when she’s going to _____.
5. Can’t we go out somewhere? – I don’t want to _____ all day.