I. Choose the best answer.
1. I’d like to visit Tokyo, _____ of Japan.
|A. a capital||B. which the capital is|
|C. that is the capital||D. the capital|
2. _____ you have a piece of cake? – “Thank you”.
|A. Will||B. Would||C. Can||D. Do|
3. The film tells the remarkable story of _____ actor.
|A. a disabled||B. the disabled||C. disabled||D. an disabled|
4. We _____ football together when we were kids.
|A. played||B. have played||C. had played||D. were playing|
5. Britain has not lifted the _____ since it last hosted the event.
|A. prize||B. award||C. trophy||D. victory|
6. How many countries took part in the first World Cup?
|A. interested||B. participated||C. competed||D. co-operated|
7. Tina _____ 8 songs and I think her latest is the best.
|A. composed||B. had composed|
|C. has composed||D. was composing|
8. This suitcase is so heavy, I _____ it for you. Give it to me.
|A. carry||B. carried||C. am carrying||D. will carry|
9. “Have you ever met the man _____ over there?” – “Yes, he is our new teacher.”
|A. sits||B. sitting||C. is sitting||D. sat|
10. In this movie, the main _____ is talented, handsome and comes from a rich family.
|A. actor||B. director||C. composer||D. character|
II. Identify the mistake in these sentences.
1. The sky is getting really dark and it will storm.
|A. the sky||B. is getting||C. and||D. will|
2. You should place this picture very careful on the wall.
|A. place||B. this picture||C. careful||D. on|
3. The noises from the road next to my house made me tiredly.
|A. noises||B. next to||C. made||D. tiredly|
4. Jane has finished school by next summer, so we are going to visit her.
|A. has finished||B. by||C. are going to||D. visit|
5. They are going to study tonight until they will finish this chapter.
|A. are going to||B. study||C. until||D. will finish|