I. Choose the best answer.
1. Could you let me have the bill for the car _____?
|A. to repair||B. repair||C. repairing||D. repaired|
2. It was almost as if the wolf was _____ of us than we were of it.
|A. scared||B. scareder||C. more scared||D. as scared|
3. Go _____ this road you will see the bank on your right.
|A. along||B. off||C. out||D. up|
4. In _____ 22nd SEA Games, Vietnam won 158 _____ gold medals.
|A. Ø/ the||B. the/ Ø||C. a/ the||D. the/ the|
5. _____ you prepare for your exams, _____ you will do.
|A. The harder/ the better||B. The more/ the much|
|C. The hardest/ the best||D. The more hard/ the more good|
6. Bill Gates used to be one of the _____ people in the world.
|A. rich||B. richer||C. richest||D. richly|
7. Choose the sentence that has the same meaning as the given one.
– “As she gets older, she wants to travel more”.
|A. She’s getting older and older, so she doesn’t want to travel more.||B. The more she gets old, the less she wants to travel|
|C. She doesn’t want to travel because of her old age.||D. The older she gets, the more she wants to travel.|
8. If something _____ up, phone me immediately and I will support you.
|A. picks||B. comes||C. keeps||D. brings|
9. Choose the word which has the underlined part pronounced differently from the rest.
|A. snow||B. spirit||C. sugar||D. silver|
10. The ASEAN Para-Games is a biannual multi-sport _____ held after every Southeast Asian Games for athletes with physical disabilities.
|A. games||B. event||C. work||D. situation|
II. Complete the sentences using the structure comparative + and + comparative.
1. Alena got _____ in her job after all. (Tired)
2. The suitcase seemed to get _____ as I pulled it. (Heavy)
3. When I waited for my test, I became _____. (Nervous)
4. The factory expanded rapidly. It grew _____ all the time. (Big)
5. Nowadays, finding a job is becoming _____. (Difficult)