I. Choose the best answer.
1. “How do you like your new hair?” – “I am _____ with it.”
|A. delighted||B. delighting||C. delight||D. delightful|
2. There’s an _____ movie on TV tonight.
|A. interest||B. interestingly||C. interested||D. interesting|
3. I’ve waited here for _____ hour. You’d better arrive soon.
|A. the||B. a||C. an||D. θ|
4. Tommy broke the vase when he tried _____ the bookshelf.
|A. cleaning||B. to clean||C. cleaned||D. clean|
5. The main _____ in this play is Mr. Blake.
|A. actress||B. character||C. director||D. filmmaker|
6. They _____ together when they were young.
|A. stayed||B. have stayed||C. had stayed||D. were staying|
7. The film is _____ two women who drive across America.
|A. on||B. of||C. about||D. over|
8. I was absolutely _____ with the program on wildlife.
|A. fascinate||B. fascinated||C. fascinating||D. fascinatingly|
9. A: “Would you mind lending me some dollars? I’m going to return to you tomorrow.”
– B: __________.
|A. Not at all||B. Yes||C. I will||D. Thanks|
10. Look outside. _____ sky is getting very dark. I hope there isn’t going to be a storm.
|A. A||B. θ||C. Some||D. The|
II. Complete these sentences with the correct form of the word in brackets.
1. It was very _____ to get bad marks. (Disappoint)
2. We were _____ to hear your good news. (Thrill)
3. Today, feature films average about two hours in _____? (Long)
4. It was a _____ outgoing. Everything went wrong. (Disaster)
5. The flight took all day and night. I found it very _____. (Tire)