I. Choose the word or phrase that best completes each unfinished sentence below.
1. _____ is a building or room where people can read books.
|A. Gallery||B. Library||C. University||D. Gym|
2. Will you pick me _____ at school?
|A. on||B. over||C. through||D. up|
3. At this time yesterday, we _____ at home.
|A. are staying||B. have stayed||C. were staying||D. stay|
4. While the singer _____ songs, the security guards protecting her.
|A. are singing||B. were singing||C. sang||D. have sung|
5. While my mom was tidying the house, she _____ her lost ring.
|A. is finding||B. finds||C. has found||D. found|
6. Would you like _____ a rest?
|A. take||B. to take||C. taking||D. took|
7. When I was a child, I _____ my ball through the window.
|A. was always kicking||B. always was kicking|
|C. was kicking always||D. kicked always|
8. I _____ breakfast when the storm came.
|A. are having||B. have had||C. had||D. were having|
9. Yesterday I went to the market and _____ some bananas.
|A. buy||B. buyed||C. bought||D. have bought|
10. You _____ brush your teeth twice a day.
|A. should||B. can||C. will||D. have|
II. Choose the part that needs correcting.
1. I was doing my homework and my dad was reading a magazine after lunch yesterday.
|A. was doing||B. and||C. was reading||D. after lunch|
2. I will keep a day freely tomorrow for our class.
|A. will keep||B. freely||C. for||D. class|
3. He spend his free time visiting the gallery art and the museum last week.
|A. spend||B. visiting||C. and||D. last week|
4. When she saw a snake in the bush, she is screaming.
|A. When||B. saw||C. in the bush||D. is screaming|
5. Would you mind if I take a photo of your house?
|A. mind||B. if||C. take||D. of your house|