I. Choose the best answer.
1. The interviewer started off _____ me why I wanted the job.
|A. to ask||B. asking||C. to asking||D. by asking|
2. Nam says that he exercises for half _____ hour every day.
|A. a||B. an||C. the||D. Ø|
3. Those letters _____ now. You can do the typing later.
|A. need typing||B. needn’t be typed|
|C. need to type||D. needn’t typing|
4. The more goals the players _____, the more exciting the match became.
|A. marked||B. made||C. scored||D. sprinted|
5. _____ defense, the players work to regain possession of the ball and prevent a goal.
|A. On||B. Without||C. Over||D. About|
II. Say whether the verbs in the following sentences are transitive (ngoại động từ) or intransitive (nội động từ).
1. They waited for my phone. _____
2. She was crying a lot at this time yesterday. _____
3. All the windows broke with the force of the blast. _____
4. She had to write a report for her boss last night. _____
5. Accidents like this happen all the time. _____
6. We made some dishes for the minister. _____
7. I picked the stone up to throw the birds. _____
8. My parents agree with my decision. _____
9. I’d like to order some chicken. _____
10. My children are swimming in the pool. _____