I. Choose the best answer.
1. Would you like _____ some drinks now?
|A. order||B. to order||C. ordering||D. ordered|
2. The house was locked _____.
|A. an hour ago by Linh||B. with Linh an hour ago|
|C. by Linh an hour ago||D. in an hour ago by Linh|
3. Last night, a tornado _____ through my village.
|A. swept||B. has swept||C. had swept||D. sweeps|
4. A: My boss told me to work overtime.
– B: If I _____ you, I _____ my job.
|A. were/ would have quit||B. am/ will quit|
|C. was/ must quit||D. were/ would quit|
5. The world _____ a better place if we reduced pollution.
|A. might be||B. must be||C. may be||D. will be|
6. “This film is so boring.” _____ stop watching it?
|A. Will we||B. Why don’t we||C. Must we||D. Would we|
7. The charity is totally dependent _____ money from the public.
|A. from||B. in||C. upon||D. with|
8. Of six people in the plane when it crashed, only one _____.
|A. existed||B. lived||C. hurt||D. survived|
9. She gave him a _____ look. “Are you really sure?” She demanded.
|A. challenge||B. challenger||C. challenged||D. challenging|
10. if all people _____ the same language, they would have a lot in common.
|A. speak||B. will speak||C. spoke||D. had spoken|
II. Choose the sentence which is the closest meaning to the sentence above.
1. The man had his dirty car washed at last.
|A. The car got dirty last week.|
|B. The man’s dirty car wasn’t washed at last.|
|C. The man got dirty when he last washed the car.|
|D. Someone finally washed the man’s car.|
2. In spite of their differences, Jim and John plant to be roommates.
|A. Jim and John will be different roommates.|
|B. Jim and John are too different to be roommates.|
|C. Jim and John intend to be roommates even though they are different.|
|D. Jim and John do not like to be roommates because they are different.|
3. Were it not for the money, this job wouldn’t be worthwhile.
|A. This job is not rewarding at all.|
|B. This job offers a poor salary.|
|C. Although the salary is poor, the job is worthwhile.|
|D. The only thing that makes this job worthwhile is the money.|
4. ‘Why don’t we go to Nam Cat Tien National Park?’ she said.
|A. She asked why we didn’t go to Nam Cat Tien National Park.|
|B. She offered to go to Nam Cat Tien National Park.|
|C. She suggested going to Nam Cat Tien National Park.|
|D. She advised us to go to Nam Cat Tien National Park.|
5. We are planning on spending the weekend in the country as long as the weather stays fine.
|A. We are spending the weekend in the country because of the fine weather.|
|B. If the weather is fine, we’ll spend our weekend in the country.|
|C. If the weather was fine, we would spend our weekend in the count.|
|D. We won’t spend the weekend in the country unless the weather is fine.|