I. Choose the best answer.
1. We are looking forward _____ you at the party.
|A. see||B. to see||C. to saw||D. to seeing|
2. Scientists say that if people see a UFO, it _____ be an aircraft.
|A. shall||B. would||C. might||D. should|
3. What would you do if you _____ 10 million dollars?
|A. have||B. to have||C. had||D. could have|
4. Mrs. Thom is generous to the poor _____ she is not rich.
|A. although||B. but||C. however||D. so|
5. Women’s Day _____ a national holiday since 1909.
|A. has been||B. was||C. is||D. will be|
6. If everyone _____, how would we control air traffic?
|A. can fly||B. will fly||C. flies||D. could fly|
7. The tourist asked me if I _____ the way to the nearest grocery store.
|A. know||B. knows||C. knew||D. known|
8. In order to have a good exam, you must do _____ homework.
|A. so many||B. a lot of||C. no||D. not|
9. Tet is a traditional festival _____ comes between January and February.
|A. who||B. which||C. where||D. what|
10. A: Would you like to join the trip with me?
– B: _____ I have an important project from my boss.
|A. Sorry, I can’t||B. Sorry, thanks||C. Sorry, OK||D. Yes, please|
II. Supply the correct form of the words in brackets.
1. Dinosaurs _____ many years ago. (Appear)
2. Although they are twins, they are _____ from each other. (Differ)
3. They had left their house _____ before the storm came. (Safety)
4. Do you understand the saying: “ _____ is better than cure”? (Prevent)
5. Thousands of people have been made _____ after the earthquake. (Home)