I. Choose the best answer.
1. _____ air makes human decrease longevity.
|A. Pollute||B. Pollution||C. Polluted||D. Polluting|
2. She is going to have her phone _____.
|A. repairs||B. repairing||C. to repair||D. repaired|
3. A new app _____ to your phone right now.
|A. is being installed||B. is be installed|
|C. is being installing||D. is been installed|
4. Try to eliminate fatty foods from your diet.
|A. limit||B. get rid of||C. move||D. add|
5. _____ take the train instead of the bus? – It’s faster.
|A. How about||B. Let’s||C. Why don’t||D. Why not|
6. Modern automobiles now must _____ antipollution devices.
|A. equip with||B. be equipped with|
|C. equip by||D. be equipped|
7. The documents have already _____. I put them on your desk.
|A. typed||B. been typed||C. being typed||D. typing|
8. We were looking for a solution to the _____ of the forest fires.
|A. destroy||B. destroying||C. destroyer||D. destruction|
9. “Are you still working at the school?” – “Yes, I _____ there since 2001.”
|A. have working||B. worked|
|C. have been working||D. had been working|
10. He is a _____ biologist. He spends all his life studying sea plants and animals.
|A. marine||B. ocean||C. botany||D. sea|
II. Rewrite the sentences using the given word, beginning as shown.
1. Schools always welcome students.
– Students _______________________.
2. The government is studying the disease carefully.
– The disease _____________________.
3. Did Thomas Edison invent the phonograph in 1877?
– Was the phonograph ____________.
4. When will your company send you the salary?
– When will you ___________________.
5. The students usually hold the concerts at the university.
– The concerts ____________________.