I. Choose the word that has the underlined part pronounced differently from that of the others.
|A. students||B. ships||C. books||D. speakers|
|A. records||B. aunts||C. husbands||D. phones|
|A. shifts||B. works||C. hands||D. groups|
II. Choose the best answer.
1. No one knows who is responsible _____ that accident.
|A. for||B. to||C. in||D. at|
2. I’ll come to meet you before I _____ to Malaysia.
|A. travel||B. have traveled||C. will travel||D. am traveling|
3. I have never eaten Chinese food before. This is the first time I _____ these dishes.
|A. try||B. am trying||C. have tried||D. tried|
III. Put the verbs in brackets into the correct form.
1. It _____ (rain) for an hour! You should stay here.
2. Take your time! I’m sure you _____ (remember) his phone number.
3. On arrival at home I _____ (find) that Mini _____ (leave) just a few minutes before.
4. I’m sorry I didn’t say “hello” when I _____ (see) you the other day. I _____ (catch) a taxi, I was late for the meeting.