I. Choose the best answer.
1. I’d rather _____ this match.
|A. to watch||B. watching||C. watched||D. watch|
2. When we came, they _____ on the sofa.
|A. are sleeping||B. was sleeping||C. were sleeping||D. has slept|
3. The students were _____ about the trip.
|A. interested||B. excited||C. keen||D. fond|
4. The fire _____ this market a few years ago.
|A.destroy||B. destroyed||C. destroying||D. destroys|
5. Listen! Do you hear somebody _____ behind the house?
|A. talks||B. to talk||C. talk||D. talking|
II. Rewrite the sentences, using the words given in brackets.
1. “You can go out, students.” (The teacher let …)
2. She left her kids at home when she was out. (We saw …)
3. Trang sang very well at the birthday party. (They heard …)
4. You should follow the instructions. (I advise him …)
5. “You must practice speaking for 20 minutes every day!” (My English teacher makes …)