I. Choose the best answer.
1. John isn’t content with his present salary.
|A. excited about||B. satisfied with||C. disappointed at||D. interested in|
2. _____ is the subject that I like best.
|A. historic||B. history||C. historical||D. historically|
3. She tried to avoid _____ my girlfriend.
|A. meet||B. to meet||C. meeting||D. met|
4. The alarm goes off at 6.00 in the morning.
|A. goes out||B. goes away||C. goes wrong||D. rings|
5. I enjoy helping _____ household tasks.
|A. with||B. about||C. from||D. for|
II. Put the verbs into correct tenses.
1. He _____ (break) up with her last year.
2. She _____ (write) a letter to her pen pal every week.
3. Why _____ (you / stay) up late last night?
4. At the moment, I _____ (read) chapter four of this book.
5. Trees _____ (grow) more quickly in the summer than in the winter.